Saving our Trails and Preserving History
TOUR THE MAGNIFICENT TRAILS!
Interested in touring the magnificent trails? Take a tour with us. Our chapter is dedicated to two trail tours per year. Each of our tours is led by one or more competent trail specialists who provide printed guides and maps. Our recent tours have included:
- North from Salt Lake to the Bear River Massacre site near Preston, Idaho. The tour also explored a segment of the Bidwell/Bartleson Trail and various early crossings of the Bear River.
- Ogden area sites, including 3 early fort sites and Trapper sites from the Weber River over Trappers Loop to Ogden’s Hole. (This was also a part of preparation for the coming 2018 Convention in Ogden.)
- We drove around the Great Salt Lake following a segment of the Hensley or Salt Lake Cutoff as well as a large portion of the Bidwell/Bartleson Trail.
- We followed the route used by the military from Ft Bridger, WY to their location at Cedar Fort.
- A two-day trip along the Salt Lake Cutoff in to Idaho remote springs and camping sites to City of Rocks where the California Trail comes South from Ft Hall. We stayed in Burley for the night and then continued along the California Trail to Wells, NV.
- Every few years we do a two-day tour—we are contemplating a two-day tour into Wyoming in the future.
Interested in venturing out to tour the trails on your own? Download the UTAH Auto Tour Interpretive Guide from the National Park Service website at the button below. NPS offers many other National trail guides and interactive maps that make planning your trip to the trails fun and easy!
Check back here and on our Events page for more information regarding special events and upcoming tours.